School administration acted quickly
on Thursday morning
at Ashley Elementary in Vernal when an Carbon Monoxide alarm went off. The school was evacuated with students and staff walking to nearby Uintah Middle School and the Vernal City-Uintah County Fire Department responded. Parents and guardians were notified of the situation through the District’s call system and were updated within half an hour that firefighters had given the all-clear for students and faculty to return to the school. Uintah School District Student Services Director Julie Wilde shared that the carbon monoxide was detected in the school’s kitchen area and that that area was then closed to students and staff as firefighters continued to investigate. “No carbon monoxide was detected in any of the school’s hallways or classrooms,” shared Wilde. “It was contained to the kitchen area.” Students were provided lunches and ate in their classrooms rather than the cafeteria. Shortly after
, it was announced that the kitchen area had been cleared and the issue was resolved.